Field Service Technician
DescriptionField Service Technician
ROSEN is a leading privately owned company serving the oil and gas industry with inspection, integrity, and rehabilitation products and services. For over 30 years,
ROSEN has provided the industry with advanced inspection solutions to ensure safe and economical operation of a wide range of assets and facilities. The ROSEN Group operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 2,800 people.
ROSEN USA, based in Houston, TX seeks to employ an In-Line Inspection (ILI) Field Service Technician to conduct pipeline inspections throughout North America. The successful candidate will operate ROSEN USA’s in-line inspection equipment while in the field and will be responsible for launching and receiving the tool on the job site in accordance with established quality control procedures.
This Field Service Technician will provide exceptional customer service, maintain a flexible work schedule, and use independent judgment and reasoning. This person will be responsible for:
- Receiving inspection survey assignments and communicating with the Field Service Coordinator for assignment details.
- Facilitating all pre-job safety meetings with the clients and contractors.
- Performing site visits and briefings with the client onsite representative to clarify the inspection run circumstances, especially the launching and receiving as well as the pig tracking and marking procedures when applicable.
- Launching and receiving the inspection tool in accordance to the client’s specifications.
- Assessing the tool condition and perform reconditioning when applicable.
- Validating the survey data for completeness and quality is sufficient for data processing.
RequirementsQualifications or Skills:
The successful candidate should have the minimum qualifications and/or skills:
- High School Diploma or GED required. Associates degree in electronics or mechanical discipline preferred
- Must hold a valid Driver’s License
- 1-3 years’ experience in ILI Pipeline inspection (or other Oil and Gas experience) preferred
- TWIC (transportation workers identification credentials) card a plus
- Willingness to travel more than 80% of the time throughout the year
- Adapt to frequently changing schedules and tight timelines
- Able to follow established HSE and DOT procedures
- Have excellent customer relations skills
- Work individually, as well as in a team environment with minimum supervision
- Organization and Time Management skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills, particularly Microsoft Word and Excel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to:
- Able to drive company truck long distances in or out-of-state to various job sites as required and in compliance with DOT regulations and procedures.
- Must be able to work in external environment with extreme heat or cold temperatures.
- Must be able to lift up to 65 lbs. from a start height of 9 inches to and end height of 36 inches from the floor up to 1 time per hour.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. from a start height of 9 inches to an end height of 36 inches from the floor up to 1 time per hour.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. from a start height of 9 inches to an end height of 63.5 inches from the floor up to 1 time per hour.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 lbs. from a start height of knees to an end height of waist from the floor up to 6 times per hour.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. from a start height of 0 inches to an end height of 20 inches from the floor up to 1 time per hour.
- Must be able to push/pull with a force up to 65 lbs. a distance of 3 feet up to 1 time per hour.
- Must be able to push/pull with a force up to 30 lbs. a distance of 100 feet up to 1 time per hour.
- Must be able to assume repetitive squatting at a height of 20 inches from the floor or wall up to 5 times per hour.
Our OfferLocal Houston area applicants only, relocation and sponsorship not available.
ROSEN USA offers an exceptional working environment, salary commensurate with experience and incredible benefits package.
ROSENis a leading privately owned company that was established in 1981. Over the last 35 years, ROSEN has grown rapidly and is today a worldwide technology group that operates in more than 120 countries with over 3000 employees.
ROSEN offers sophisticated and highly innovative products and services to the oil and gas and other engineering industries. ROSEN is an extended team of people with a passion for technology and innovation. We are always looking for young professionals as well as experienced employees.
Our ongoing organic growth results in career opportunities and gives our employees chances for further development and added experience.
For more information about ROSEN go to www.rosen-group.com.