Head of Engineering Office
Rio de Janeiro / Bogotá
DescriptionWe are seeking an experienced, detail-oriented Head of Engineering Office (Resource) based in Bogotá, Colombia or Brazil, Rio de Janeiro to join our growing integrity engineering team in the South American region.
This position plays a key role in the overall success of our organization by providing all needed resources in the right capability and availability by driving towards an effective usage of these and developing them further.
This mainly includes planning, managing, and monitoring the engineering department functions. The selected candidate will be responsible for overseeing department budgets for the resources involved and making any necessary adjustments in order to ensure successful department objectives completion, workload distribution and staff growth. There is a shared responsibility for completing the highest quality of work with Business Field Management, Principal/s and Project Managers.
The staffing will be for services related to:
- Asset Integrity Engineering and Consultancy
- Post In-Line Inspection Assessments
- Empirical testing of material
- GIS and Data Management
- Integrity Management Software Implementation
- Effective provision of the right resources in order to assure an efficient process execution. Create detailed department plans, processes, and procedures in conjunction with the Integrity Business Field Manager for engineering staff to use and abide by.
- Continuous improvement of the capabilities of all resources as needed to meet the process requirements especially ensuring that assigned employees are trained and qualified to do their duty and tasks on a level which allows for individual as well as global flexibility
- Support execution in the supervision of the correct application of defined procedures and as an active partner with respect to optimization
- Lead performance evaluation for each employee: goal setting, development plan and feedback session.
- Develop the assigned employees in their professional career. Jointly with execution and collaboration decision and preparation of resources for new business lines
- Measure resourcing performance indicators in line with the defined KPI's and utilization targets
- Manage the department budget, which should include staff, training and development (knowledge management), technology, infrastructure and equipment requirement and improvements.
- Communicate on a regular base to employees general ROSEN topics such as business status, organization, strategy, etc.
- Ensure that infrastructure and equipment is well maintained and optimized
- Optimize the utilization of all resources in cooperation with Business Execution and in the network with all entities globally supported by collaboration
- Safeguard company policies and applicable work procedures are followed. Ensure the compliance with code of conduct and local regulations
- Drive business independent general applicable standards and procedures (e.g. 5S) and supporting business specific standards and procedures
- Support the assigned employees with respect to quality, health and safety and ensuring the safety, security and value of all resources in general
- Develop an employee-oriented culture that emphasizes market orientation, quality, continuous improvement and key employee retention
- Ensure that all resources are in line with the ROSEN brand attributes
- Effective & efficient achieving of specified targets
RequirementsQualifications or Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent.
- 10+ years of proven engineering experience, ideally within the asset integrity or engineering services industries
- Solid experience in management roles including administrating performance reviews, goal setting and performance improvement and conflicts.
- Proven experience in managing technical experts, engineering, and support staff.
- Track record of ability to develop and lead personnel.
- English level C1 mandatory certificate CEFR, other languages (Portuguese/Spanish) are a plus.
- Comprehensive experience in Oil & Gas industry
- Self-motivated, pro-active individual who is able to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Interpersonal communication skills with expertise in distilling complicated topics to a broader audience.
- Must work within confidentiality nature of role
- Willingness to travel.
Our OfferThe function enables you to become part of the ambitious and growing organization that serves the Oil and Gas industry with state-of-the-art technologies. You will work with national and international, dynamic and service-minded team that continuously strives for market leadership in the industries we serve.
To apply on this exciting and challenging opportunity, please apply online at www.rosen-group.com. Please note only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted – no phone calls please.
ROSENis a leading privately owned company that was established in 1981. Over the last 35 years, ROSEN has grown rapidly and is today a worldwide technology group that operates in more than 120 countries with over 3000 employees.
ROSEN offers sophisticated and highly innovative products and services to the oil and gas and other engineering industries. ROSEN is an extended team of people with a passion for technology and innovation. We are always looking for young professionals as well as experienced employees.
Our ongoing organic growth results in career opportunities and gives our employees chances for further development and added experience.
For more information about ROSEN go to www.rosen-group.com.