Differential GPS (DGPS) Field Technician
DescriptionROSEN USA, based in Houston, TX seeks to employ a DGPS Field Technician to conduct DGPS surveys throughout North America. The successful candidate will operate ROSEN USA’s DGPS survey equipment while in the field and will be responsible for locating, surveying and documenting pipeline AGM markers in accordance with established quality control procedures.
This position requires individuals to provide exceptional customer service, maintain a flexible work schedule, and use independent judgment and reasoning. Candidates will be responsible for:
- Receiving survey assignments and communicating with the Field Service Coordinator for assignment details.
- Locate, survey and document pipeline AGM markers.
- Track all types of pipeline pigs.
- Performing site visits and briefings with the client onsite representative to clarify the survey run circumstances, especially the pig tracking and marking procedures.
- Provide logistical support while on assigned projects.
- Validating the survey data and check for completeness and whether the quality is sufficient for data processing.
RequirementsThe successful candidate should have the minimum qualifications and/or skills:
- Experience with DGPS Surveying (licensed a plus)
- Experience with Post Processing using CORS/RTK/Static methods
- Familiar with Arcview/Arcmap or equivalent GIS system
- Familiar with electronic pipeline locating
- Experience with Gas Pipeline Batching
- Associates degree in electronics or mechanical discipline
- Minimum of 5 years in pipeline inspection or Oil and Gas industry (preferred)
- TWIC (transportation workers identification credentials) card a plus
- Willingness to travel more than 80% throughout the year
- Adapt to frequently changing schedules and tight timelines
- Able to follow established HSE and DOT procedures
- Have excellent customer relations skills
- Work individually, as well as in a team environment with minimum supervision
- Have excellent organization and time management skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to:
- Able to drive company truck long distances in or out-of-state to various job sites as required and in compliance with DOT regulations and procedures.
- Must be able to work in external environment with extreme heat or cold temperatures.
- Must be able to lift up to 65 lbs. from a start height of 9 inches to and end height of 36 inches from the floor up to 1 time per hour.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. from a start height of 9 inches to an end height of 36 inches from the floor up to 1 time per hour.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. from a start height of 9 inches to an end height of 63.5 inches from the floor up to 1 time per hour.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 lbs. from a start height of knees to an end height of waist from the floor up to 6 times per hour.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. from a start height of 0 inches to an end height of 20 inches from the floor up to 1 time per hour.
- Must be able to push/pull with a force up to 65 lbs. a distance of 3 feet up to 1 time per hour.
- Must be able to push/pull with a force up to 30 lbs. a distance of 100 feet up to 1 time per hour.
- Must be able to assume repetitive squatting at a height of 20 inches from the floor or wall up to 5 times per hour.
Our OfferLocal Houston area applicants only, relocation and sponsorship not available.
ROSEN USA offers an exceptional working environment, salary commensurate with experience and incredible benefits package.
ROSENis a leading privately owned company that was established in 1981. Over the last 35 years, ROSEN has grown rapidly and is today a worldwide technology group that operates in more than 120 countries with over 3000 employees.
ROSEN offers sophisticated and highly innovative products and services to the oil and gas and other engineering industries. ROSEN is an extended team of people with a passion for technology and innovation. We are always looking for young professionals as well as experienced employees.
Our ongoing organic growth results in career opportunities and gives our employees chances for further development and added experience.
For more information about ROSEN go to www.rosen-group.com.