Pipeline Batching Operator
DescriptionDue to our rapid growth, we are currently looking for a full time Pipeline Batching Operator. As a Pipeline Batching Operator, you will provide exceptional customer service, maintain a flexible work schedule, and use independent judgment and reasoning.
Detailed duties include:
- Receive Batching Operation assignments from the Pipeline Batch Operation Lead and communicating with the Field Operations Manager.
- Working closely with the Pipeline Batching Operation Lead regarding project specifications.
- Facilitating all pre-job safety meetings with the clients and contractors
- Performing site visits and briefings with the client’s onsite representative to clarify processes and procedures of launching and receiving the ‘pigging’ tool, tool tracking and marking procedures and any additional information unique to their specific project.
- Launching and receiving the batch pigs in accordance to the project specifications.
- Assessing the tool condition and perform reconditioning when applicable.
- Follow established Health, Safety and Environmental and Department Of Transportation procedures.
- Maintaining professional relationships with our clients.
- Operate company vehicles.
- Work under supplied air.
RequirementsThe successful candidate should have the minimum qualifications and skills:
- Previous experience in the role of Internal Pipeline Inspection, Field Service Technician is an asset.
- Mechanical aptitude or certification in a mechanical discipline preferred.
- 1-5 years of pipeline field work experience or oil and gas industry experience preferred.
- Candidate must currently reside in Edmonton.
- Ability to travel more than 80% of the year.
- Ability to pass background check as well as multiple client-site required drug and alcohol tests.
- Adapt to frequently changing schedules and tight timelines.
- Clean class 5 Alberta Driver’s License and Drivers Abstract is required.
- Able to follow established Health, Safety and Environment and Department Of Transportation procedures.
- Excellent customer relations skills.
- Work independently, as well as in a team environment with minimum supervision.
- Computer literate.
- Superior English verbal and written communication skills.
- Organization and time management skills
- Experience driving a truck and trailer and maneuvering heavy machinery is required.
- Valid Canadian passport is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to:
- Lift and move greater than 50 pounds and lift greater than 180 lbs. with help of one person.
- Drive company truck long distances in or out-of-province/country to various job sites as required and in compliance with Department Of Transportation regulations and procedures.
- Work in external environment with extreme heat or cold temperatures.
- Pass pre-employment Drug & Alcohol, background check and Fit to Work Tests.
Our OfferROSEN offers a competitive compensation package, including a comprehensive benefit plan, Health & Wellness program, RRSP matching, flexible work hours, a great learning environment, interesting & challenging work and the opportunity for career advancement.
Please note only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted – no phone calls please.
ROSENis a leading privately owned company that was established in 1981. Over the last 35 years, ROSEN has grown rapidly and is today a worldwide technology group that operates in more than 120 countries with over 3000 employees.
ROSEN offers sophisticated and highly innovative products and services to the oil and gas and other engineering industries. ROSEN is an extended team of people with a passion for technology and innovation. We are always looking for young professionals as well as experienced employees.
Our ongoing organic growth results in career opportunities and gives our employees chances for further development and added experience.
For more information about ROSEN go to www.rosen-group.com.