Field Service Technician
DescriptionAt ROSEN Canada we work collaboratively to get the job done. We recognize that each person and every department are integral to meet the needs of our clients and to continue to be a leader in what we do. We also recognize that our employees have different needs and we want to make sure they are being taken care of.
Due to our rapid growth, we are currently looking for a full time In-Line Field Service Technician to join our Field Services team. As a Field Service Technician, you will provide exceptional customer service, maintain a flexible work schedule, and use independent judgment and reasoning.
Detailed duties include:
- Receiving inspection survey assignments and communicating with the Field Service Manager
- Working closely with the Project Manager regarding project specifications
- Facilitating all pre-job safety meetings with the clients and contractors
- Performing site visits and briefings with the client’s onsite representative to clarify processes and procedures of launching and receiving the ‘pigging’ tool, tool tracking and marking procedures and any additional information unique to their specific project
- Launching and receiving the inspection tool in accordance to the project specifications.
- Assessing the tool condition and perform reconditioning when applicable.
- Validating the survey data and check for completeness and whether the quality is sufficient for data processing.
- Follow established HSE and DOT procedures
- Maintaining positive relationships with our clients
- Previous experience in the role of Field Service Technician is an asset
- Mechanical aptitude or certification in a mechanical discipline preferred
- 1-3 years of field work experience or oil and gas industry experience preferred
- Ability to travel more than 80% throughout the year on a rotation of 15 days on and 6 days off
- Ability to pass background check as well as multiple client-site required drug and alcohol tests
- Adapt to frequently changing schedules and tight timelines
- Clean class 5 Alberta Driver’s License and Drivers Abstract is required
- Able to follow established HSE and DOT procedures
- Excellent customer relations skills
- Work independently, as well as in a team environment with minimum supervision
- Computer Literate
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Organization and Time Management skills
- Experience driving a truck & trailer and/or maneuvering heavy machinery is required
- Valid Canadian passport is required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to:
Lift and/or move greater than 50 pounds and/or lift greater than 180 lbs. with help of one person
Drive company truck long distances in or out-of-province/country to various job sites as required and in compliance with DOT regulations and procedures
Work in external environment with extreme heat or cold temperatures
Our OfferROSEN offers a competitive compensation package, including a comprehensive benefit plan, Health & Wellness program, RRSP matching, flexible work hours, a great learning environment, interesting & challenging work and the opportunity for career advancement.
To apply on this exciting and challenging opportunity, please apply online at www.rosen-group.com. Please note only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted – no phone calls please.
ROSENis a leading privately owned company that was established in 1981. Over the last 35 years, ROSEN has grown rapidly and is today a worldwide technology group that operates in more than 120 countries with over 3000 employees.
ROSEN offers sophisticated and highly innovative products and services to the oil and gas and other engineering industries. ROSEN is an extended team of people with a passion for technology and innovation. We are always looking for young professionals as well as experienced employees.
Our ongoing organic growth results in career opportunities and gives our employees chances for further development and added experience.
For more information about ROSEN go to www.rosen-group.com.