Maintenance Technician (Mechanical)
DescriptionAt ROSEN Canada we work collaboratively to get the job done. We recognize that each person and every department are integral to meet the needs of our clients and to continue to be a leader in what we do. We also recognize that our employees have different needs and we want to make sure they are being taken care of.
Due to our rapid growth, we are currently looking for a full time Maintenance Technician (Mechanical) to join our Shop Operations team. The Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain In-Line Inspection tools according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance processes to support the achievement of the business goals and objectives. The ability to interact with staff in a fast paced environment, while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial to this role.
Detailed duties include:
- Perform highly diversified duties to maintain pipeline inspection tools to stringent targets and standards.
- Read and interpret equipment work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Troubleshoot mechanical problems.
- Replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments on tools.
- Complete scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment.
- Perform emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production.
- Perform simple machinist duties.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools.
- Comply with safety regulations and follow business processes.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of hands on, mechanical experience is required.
- High School Diploma - Post-secondary education or certification is preferred.
- Superior troubleshooting skills - determine causes of operating errors and make sound decisions about next actions - ability to solve problems and look for improvements.
- Advanced mechanical aptitude - strong knowledge of machines and tools, including their design, uses, and maintenance.
- Advanced English communication skills (written and verbal) are required – ability to receive and communicate technical information accurately and timely.
- Strong computer and software skills.
- Hold a clean drivers abstract and valid passport, with the ability and flexibility to travel on an infrequent basis for work and/or training.
- Highly motivated to contribute to the maintenance team goals and objects and able to work independently.
- Ability to work flexible hours. Overtime is expected evenings and weekends based on business needs.
Work Environment / Physical Demands:
100% shop environment. Position requires ability to walk throughout warehouse/shop/stock yard area. Heavy lifting is required; 50 lbs. alone and up to 180 lbs. with the help of others. Pre-employment Drug and Alcohol, Fit to Work testing, and Criminal Record check are required.
Our OfferROSEN offers a competitive compensation package, including a comprehensive benefit plan, Health & Wellness program, RRSP matching, flexible work hours, a great learning environment, interesting & challenging work and the opportunity for career advancement.
Please note only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted – no phone calls please.
ROSENis a leading privately owned company that was established in 1981. Over the last 35 years, ROSEN has grown rapidly and is today a worldwide technology group that operates in more than 120 countries with over 3000 employees.
ROSEN offers sophisticated and highly innovative products and services to the oil and gas and other engineering industries. ROSEN is an extended team of people with a passion for technology and innovation. We are always looking for young professionals as well as experienced employees.
Our ongoing organic growth results in career opportunities and gives our employees chances for further development and added experience.
For more information about ROSEN go to www.rosen-group.com.