Senior Structural Engineer
DescriptionROSEN Australia is a part of the ROSEN Group. To capitalize on the new and exciting Project opportunities in oil and gas facilities world-wide and to improve the service that we can offer to customers, we are establishing and growing engineering teams in key locations to deliver Asset Integrity Management Services.
ROSEN’s Perth office is being developed as the Centre of Expertise for delivering Structural Integrity Management (SIM) Solutions for Australian and overseas projects. These engineering teams will require leaders and engineers who can demonstrate a high level of technical competence to clients, and provide technical leadership. The focus of this particular role will be to support development and delivery of advanced structural integrity management services for a wide variety of offshore and onshore structures, primarily in the oil and gas industry.
The Senior Structural Engineer shall provide dedicated structural engineering support and assistance to external (clients) and internal ROSEN stakeholders within Asia Pacific Region and world-wide.
The position on offer is for a full time, fixed term period of 2 years. Interviews to commence in January 2019 with February 2019 start date.
- Perform Structural Integrity and Reliability Assessment for offshore fixed and/or floating structures
- Provide engineering support and deliver outcomes for integrity management services (offshore and onshore) projects in Asia Pacific and other regions globally
- Support development work in the area of SIM and structural health monitoring
- Perform Root Cause Analysis and feasibility studies
- Support advanced risk based inspection and monitoring campaigns for topsides and sub-structures
- Development of Design Basis, Design Briefs, Technical Standards & Specifications
- Delivering projects diligently and at times autonomously, within budget and schedule in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Show active interest in business development opportunities (relating to structural engineering) whilst maintaining effective long term relationships with clients
- Create or Support development of technical & commercial proposals
- Apply working knowledge of best practices and relevant standards
- Be pro-active, organized and self-directed, with the ability to work independently within a team
- Possess excellent Report writing skills
- Have ability to work closely and effectively with both internal and external clients
- Travel as necessary to clients and other project/site locations
- Interacting and championing team participation with other members in the ROSEN Group
- Comply with health, safety and environment regulations at all times
- Adhering to ROSEN business process, policies and procedures
- Bachelor of Civil/Structural Engineering (minimum)
- Programming/Coding background will be considered as an advantage
- An Australian resident with a minimum of 10 years of offshore structural engineering experience
- Technical software proficiency and experience on SACS, SESAM, USFOS and ABAQUS
- Extensive working experience in the following elements of offshore structural engineering including:
- In-place, Dynamic, Fatigue, Seismic, Blast, Fire, Drop Object, Boat Impact, Lifting and Sea-Transportation analysis; and design of fixed offshore structural platforms (wellhead, Process platforms, LQs) subsea structures, and other offshore floating/semi-fixed facilities (FLNG, FPSOs, Semi-Subs)
- Structural Integrity Management (SIM) Systems set up and monitoring of full life cycle of offshore facilities
- Structural Reliability Analyses based on pushover analysis and assessment of probability of failure (any wave in deck assessment experience is preferred)
- Topside structures engineering and integrity management
- Weight control and in-situ assessments
Working experience in the following elements of offshore structural engineering including:
- Programming/coding experience on Java, Python, MATLAB
- Finite Element Analysis of offshore and onshore structures
- Knowledge/Interest in structural static/dynamic monitoring techniques and AI/Machine Learning
- Conductor and/or riser integrity management
- Mooring chain analysis experience
- Onshore Tank Integrity Management for oil & gas and LNG plants
- Impact, Risk and Safety analyses (including ALARP assessments)
- Installation and Decommissioning of large offshore and subsea structures
- Interactions with geotechnical, corrosion, IMR (Inspections, Maintenance and Repair), materials and welding disciplines
Our OfferThe function enables you to become part of the team of ROSEN Asia Pacific, an organization that serves the Oil and Gas industry with state-of-the-art technologies. You will work with a national and international, dynamic and service-minded team that continuously strives for market leadership in the industries we serve.
Please provide a cover letter with your application outlining your suitability for the role.
~~The successful candidate is required to pass a pre-employment medical and national police check.
Relocation or sponsorship is not available for this position.
Please note only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Submissions from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
ROSENis a leading privately owned company that was established in 1981. Over the last 35 years, ROSEN has grown rapidly and is today a worldwide technology group that operates in more than 120 countries with over 3000 employees.
ROSEN offers sophisticated and highly innovative products and services to the oil and gas and other engineering industries. ROSEN is an extended team of people with a passion for technology and innovation. We are always looking for young professionals as well as experienced employees.
Our ongoing organic growth results in career opportunities and gives our employees chances for further development and added experience.
For more information about ROSEN go to www.rosen-group.com.