Maintenance Technician Electrical/Mechanical - Manufacturing
DescriptionAt ROSEN Canada we work collaboratively to get the job done. We recognize that each person and every department are integral to meet the needs of our clients and to continue to be a leader in what we do. We also recognize that our employees have different needs and we want to make sure they are being taken care of.
Due to our rapid growth, we are currently looking for a temporary full-time Maintenance Technician Electrical/Mechanical to join our Intelligent Plastic Solutions facility team for a term of 1 year, with the potential of extension based on individual performance and business needs. The ability to interact with staff in a fast paced environment, while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial to this role.
Detailed duties include:
- Preventative and Corrective Electrical and Mechanical Maintenance of manufacturing plant equipment; including scheduled maintenance, trouble shooting and repair of pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical equipment.
- Maintenance, repair and troubleshooting of vacuum, diaphragm, and gear pumps as well as valve assemblies used in liquid and chemical processing.
- Accurately enter data using various software and communicate safety and process problems and concerns to others.
- Implementation and recommendation of improvements to equipment and maintenance process.
- Record keeping of maintenance logs and managing spare part inventory.
- Participate in issuance of Safe Work Permits and work orders.
- Actively participate in all applicable environmental, health and safety programs.
- Actively participate in improving department and plant safety performance.
- Participate in all relevant site and plant training programs.
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment including safety shoes, safety glasses with side shields, and other protective equipment as required.
- Other related duties as assigned.
RequirementsThe successful candidate should have the minimum qualifications and skills:
- 3-5 years in the position of Maintenance Technician, with both Electrical and Mechanical responsibilities, within manufacturing and/or industrial facilities/plant environment.
- High School diploma is required; post-secondary education is an asset.
- Trade certification in one or multiple disciplines Millwright/Electrician/Mechanic is preferred.
- Advanced mechanical aptitude - strong knowledge of machines and tools, including their design, uses, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of PLC (Programmable Logic Control) systems, pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical systems.
- Working knowledge and experience in welding.
- Basic knowledge of polyurethane or rubber/polymer processing and manufacturing and/or knowledge in coating application is an asset.
- Sound decision making skills and an ability to succeed in an environment where technology and products are changing frequently.
- Ability to lift up to 55 lbs., operating valves, pumps and hoses, and moving heavy materials with the aid of equipment. Ability to climb stairs and ladders, and operate a forklift.
- Demonstrate adaptability and flexibility, strong, self-motivation, excellent communication skills and developing new skills that contribute to the team’s success.
- PC literacy with MS office.
- Advanced English communication skills (written and verbal) are required – ability to receive and communicate technical information accurately and timely.
- Highly safety conscious - proven safety mindset within a manufacturing/plant/shop environment.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Ability to implement and follow related company policy and procedures for daily operations.
- Work independently, as well as within a team, in a fast paced, customer service driven team environment.
- Availability to work overtime (hours in excess of 8 hours per day and on weekends in peak times) and flexibility to work a rotating shift schedule as required.
- Ability to pass required pre-employment fit to work testing (pulmonary function/respirator, Drug & Alcohol, etc.).
Our OfferROSEN offers a competitive compensation package, including a comprehensive benefit plan, flexible work hours, a great learning environment, interesting & challenging work and the opportunity for career advancement.
Please note only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted – no phone calls please.
ROSENis a leading privately owned company that was established in 1981. Over the last 35 years, ROSEN has grown rapidly and is today a worldwide technology group that operates in more than 120 countries with over 3000 employees.
ROSEN offers sophisticated and highly innovative products and services to the oil and gas and other engineering industries. ROSEN is an extended team of people with a passion for technology and innovation. We are always looking for young professionals as well as experienced employees.
Our ongoing organic growth results in career opportunities and gives our employees chances for further development and added experience.
For more information about ROSEN go to www.rosen-group.com.