Machine Operator - Production Equipment
DescriptionAt ROSEN Canada we work collaboratively to get the job done. We recognize that each person and every department are integral to meet the needs of our clients and to continue to be a leader in what we do. We also recognize that our employees have different needs and we want to make sure they are being taken care of.
Due to our rapid growth, we are currently looking for a temporary full-time Machine Operator – Production Equipment to join our Intelligent Plastic Solutions facility team for a term of 1 year, with the potential of extension based on individual performance and business needs. The ability to interact with staff in a fast paced environment, while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial to this role.
Detailed duties include:
- Professional operation of Production equipment and machinery integral to the production of polyurethane coatings.
- Operate PLC (Programmable Logic Control) controlled machinery, both programmed- automatic and semi-automatic.
- Answer and respond to process alarms.
- Basic troubleshooting of equipment utilized in Production.
- Troubleshooting and resolution of process problems - assist other staff with mechanical repairs as required.
- Routine functionality checks of Production machinery.
- Preparation of equipment prior to Production runs.
- Assist with the loading, unloading and transferring pipe within the Production facility using specialty pipe handling equipment with automatic and semi-automatic control systems.
- Operation of forklift for loading and unloading of raw materials.
- Assist with daily housekeeping and minor maintenance of Production facility under the direction of the Production Manager and Mechanical/Electrical Maintenance staff.
- Collaborate with the team to determine daily tasks, work and prioritize, work independently, take direction as applicable.
- Accurately enter data using various software and communicate safety and process problems and concerns to others.
- Participate in issuance of Safe Work Permits and work orders.
- Actively participate in all applicable environmental, health and safety programs.
- Actively participate in improving department and plant safety performance.
- Participate in all relevant site and plant training programs.
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment including safety shoes, safety glasses with side shields, and other protective equipment as required.
- Other related duties as assigned.
RequirementsThe successful candidate should have the minimum qualifications and skills:
- 3-5 years’ directly related experience within a manufacturing environment.
- Advanced mechanical aptitude - strong knowledge of machines and tools, including their design, uses, and maintenance.
- Adapt to changing work schedules and demanding timelines.
- Work independently as well as within a group requiring minimal supervision.
- Able to make safe decisions while operating manually controlled equipment, an awareness for cause and effect of actions; can safely operate equipment in a fast paced, demanding environment.
- Advanced English communication skills (written and verbal) are required – ability to receive and communicate technical information accurately and timely.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks as assigned by Production Manager.
- An overall optimistic and energetic attitude toward accomplishing operational goals.
- Work within a multidisciplinary team of experts, with the eagerness to assist with a variety of tasks and the ability to learn new things.
- Ability to transfer knowledge to others once fully trained utilizing a variety of methods.
- Ability to make timely decisions and to make professional judgments.
- Basic computer and software skills.
- Availability to work overtime (hours in excess of 8 hours per day and on weekends in peak times) and flexibility to work a rotating shift schedule as required.
- Ability to pass required pre-employment fit to work testing (pulmonary function/respirator, Drug & Alcohol, etc.).
Our OfferROSEN offers a competitive compensation package, including a comprehensive benefit plan, flexible work hours, a great learning environment, interesting & challenging work and the opportunity for career advancement.
Please note only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted – no phone calls please.
ROSENis a leading privately owned company that was established in 1981. Over the last 35 years, ROSEN has grown rapidly and is today a worldwide technology group that operates in more than 120 countries with over 3000 employees.
ROSEN offers sophisticated and highly innovative products and services to the oil and gas and other engineering industries. ROSEN is an extended team of people with a passion for technology and innovation. We are always looking for young professionals as well as experienced employees.
Our ongoing organic growth results in career opportunities and gives our employees chances for further development and added experience.
For more information about ROSEN go to www.rosen-group.com.