Production Technician - Chemical
DescriptionAt ROSEN Canada we work collaboratively to get the job done. We recognize that each person and every department are integral to meet the needs of our clients and to continue to be a leader in what we do. We also recognize that our employees have different needs and we want to make sure they are being taken care of.
Due to our rapid growth, we are currently looking for a temporary full-time Production Technician - Chemical to join our Intelligent Plastic Solutions facility team for a term of 1 year, with the potential of extension based on individual performance and business needs. The ability to interact with staff in a fast paced environment, while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial to this role.
Detailed duties include:
- Preparation, operation, and maintenance of pipe handling and chemical processing equipment (chemical batch reactors, casting machine, etc.) with safety and quality in mind at all times.
- Conduct frequent maintenance checks on equipment to ensure safe and risk free operation.
- Documentation of daily production reports, completion of all necessary paperwork, and accurately enter data using various software.
- Precise and timely management of production process next steps.
- Ensure that all equipment and supplies are in working order at all times - answer operating alarms and restart machines as required.
- Troubleshooting and resolution of process problems - assist other staff with mechanical repairs as required.
- Sampling and handling of chemical raw materials and finished goods, handling organic solvents, hazardous and non-hazardous waste.
- Perform analytical and lab tasks, calculate various measurements (quantity, weight, etc.) using basic math skills.
- Collaborate with the team to determine daily tasks, work and prioritize work independently, take direction as applicable.
- Immediately and accurately communicate process and/or safety problems and concerns to appropriate personnel.
- Actively participate in all applicable health, safety and environment programs and ongoing improvement of department and facility safety performance.
- Ensure facility is maintained at a high standard of housekeeping, keep machinery clean while adhering to MSDS and internal procedures; and participate in company 5S program.
- Assist in the overall operation, function and organization of an efficient pipe coating facility by being proactive, responsible and a contributing team member.
- Participate in training and meetings as required.
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment (safety shoes, safety glasses with side shields, respirator, etc.) as required.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge and familiarity with a manufacturing environment and/or trades experience is preferred.
- High School Diploma is required - post-secondary education or technical certification is preferred.
- Proven ability to monitor operations – watch and interpret gauges, dials or other indicators to ensure a machine is working properly.
- Proven quality analysis skills - conduct tests and inspections of products, materials and processes to evaluate quality or machine performance.
- Superior troubleshooting skills - determine causes of operating errors and make sound decisions about next actions - ability to solve problems and look for improvements.
- Advanced mechanical aptitude - strong knowledge of machines and tools, including their design, uses, and maintenance.
- Ability to perform basic precise mathematic calculations (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division) in a challenging environment.
- Highly safety conscious - proven safety mindset within a manufacturing/plant/shop environment.
- Possess a high degree of focus and attention to detail, analytical, ability to follow formal work procedures with accuracy.
- Self-motivated and flexible.
- Ability to prioritize and adapt to changing priorities and fast pace.
- Possess strong time management and organizational skills.
- Accept responsibility, dependable and accountable.
- Ability to work alone or in a team environment.
- Is a respectful team player willing to assist in all areas when needed.
- Advanced English communication skills (written and verbal) are required – ability to receive and communicate technical information accurately and timely.
- Adaptable - proven ability to learn new processes and succeed in an environment where technology and products are changing frequently.
- Ability to transfer knowledge to others once fully trained utilizing a variety of methods.
- Ability to lift up to 55 lbs., operating valves, pumps and hoses, and moving heavy materials with the aid of equipment – ability to climb stairs and ladders.
- Advanced ability to operate a forklift – formal certification is required.
- Strong computer and software skills.
- Availability to work overtime (hours in excess of 8 hours per day and on weekends in peak times) and flexibility to work a rotating shift schedule as required.
- Ability to pass required pre-employment fit to work testing (pulmonary function/respirator, Drug & Alcohol, etc.).
Our OfferROSEN offers a competitive compensation package, including a comprehensive benefit plan, flexible work hours, a great learning environment, interesting & challenging work and the opportunity for career advancement.
Please note only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted – no phone calls please.
ROSENis a leading privately owned company that was established in 1981. Over the last 35 years, ROSEN has grown rapidly and is today a worldwide technology group that operates in more than 120 countries with over 3000 employees.
ROSEN offers sophisticated and highly innovative products and services to the oil and gas and other engineering industries. ROSEN is an extended team of people with a passion for technology and innovation. We are always looking for young professionals as well as experienced employees.
Our ongoing organic growth results in career opportunities and gives our employees chances for further development and added experience.
For more information about ROSEN go to www.rosen-group.com.