Field Service Technician (In-Line Inspection)
DescriptionThe Field Service Technician is responsible for the execution of all onsite activities associated with the in-line inspection of pipelines. Whilst based in Perth, the role requires frequent travel away from home on a regular basis. As a Field Service Technician you will provide exceptional customer service and maintain a flexible work schedule. The role is a Junior position, fixed term contract for 1 year, with potential for extension. Would suit entry level candidate (recent trade graduate). Full training provided.
- Receiving inspection survey assignments and communicating with the Project Manager & Leads for assignment details
- Facilitating all pre-job safety meetings with the clients and contractors
- Performing site visits and briefings with the client onsite representative to clarify the inspection run circumstances, especially the launching and receiving as well as the pig tracking and marking procedures when applicable
- Launching and receiving the inspection tool in accordance to the client’s specifications
- Assessing the tool condition and perform reconditioning when applicable
- Validating the survey data for completeness and quality is sufficient for data processing
- Receive pipeline In-line inspection data, check for quality and quantity using ROSEN proprietary software, procedures, and specifications
- Perform basic data processing and compile data acceptance criteria - Analyze and interpret In-Line Inspection signal data to identify both references and anomalies
- Output reports onsite as part of deliverables
- Solicit assistance with dedicated analyst for proper QA/QC
- Maintaining positive relationships with our clients
- Willingness to travel up to 240 days throughout the year
- Ability to use a variety of hand and power tools (mechanical aptitude or certification in a mechanical discipline preferred). Would suit recent trade graduate.
- Trouble shooting skills, ability to solve problems & look for improvements
- Ability to adapt to frequently changing schedules and tight timelines
- No restriction to travel outside of Australia
- Must have an unrestricted manual Australian driver’s license (clean driving record)
- Able to follow established internal & external HSE procedures
- Have excellent customer relations skills
- Work individually, as well as in a team environment with minimum supervision
- Organization and Time Management skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills and capability to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Fluent in both written and verbal English.
- Ability to pass medical checks as well as multiple client-site required drug and alcohol tests
- Ability to pass HUET
Candidates must have unrestricted permanent rights to work in Australia. Sponsorship is not available for this role.
The successful candidate is required to pass a pre-employment medical and obtain successful national police clearance.
Please forward a cover letter with your application outlining your suitability for the role by Close of Business Friday 03rd August 2018.
Please note – only candidates who are successfully shortlisted will be contacted.
Recruitment agency referrals will not be accepted for this role, all interested candidates must apply directly.
Our OfferCompetitive remuneration package with travel allowances.
The function enables you to become part of the team of ROSEN Asia Pacific, an organization that serves the Oil and Gas industry with state-of-the-art technologies. You will work with a national and international, dynamic and service-minded team that continuously strives for market leadership in the industries we serve.
ROSENis a leading privately owned company that was established in 1981. Over the last 35 years, ROSEN has grown rapidly and is today a worldwide technology group that operates in more than 120 countries with over 3000 employees.
ROSEN offers sophisticated and highly innovative products and services to the oil and gas and other engineering industries. ROSEN is an extended team of people with a passion for technology and innovation. We are always looking for young professionals as well as experienced employees.
Our ongoing organic growth results in career opportunities and gives our employees chances for further development and added experience.
For more information about ROSEN go to www.rosen-group.com.