Accounts Payable Specialist
DescriptionROSEN USA, based in Houston, TX seeks to employ Accounts Payable Specialist.
The Accounting Specialist AP (Accounts Payable) is responsible for the accounts payable process and has to ensure that all invoices from vendors are reviewed, processed and paid in compliance with applicable (internal) guidelines and procedures. Activities also include reconciling vendor statements, researching and correcting discrepancies, and a variety of (more) specialized or technical clerical accounting and bookkeeping tasks.
The responsibilities and major duties of the Accounting Specialist AP include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Obtain and verify required vendor information (new supplier form, W9, etc.), create, and keep vendor master records in SAP up-to-date
- Date stamp, register, and distribute all invoices from vendors for verification and approval
- Date, Stamp, register, and review all Intercompany invoices
- Verify invoices from vendors for appropriate documentation and approval, compliance with applicable (internal) guidelines and procedures, and report non-conformities
- Obtain (or determine) and verify account(s), cost center, WBS element, FoA, business segment, internal order, tax code, etc. that are affected and record invoices from vendor in SAP
- Prioritize and select invoices for timely payment and take optimal advantage of supplier credit and discounts
- Print (and distribute) checks, prepare payment files, obtain all required signatures, and process payment in SAP accordingly
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Reconcile the Accounts Payable sub-ledger, research, correct discrepancies, and handle internal and external inquiries concerning payment and account status
- Register and pay Per Diems for travel expenses
- Assist with the month-end closing and perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Management with an emphasis in Accounting (or currently pursuig)
- 3-5 years of progressively responsible accounts payable or accounting experience
- Knowledge of accounting principles, procedures, and practices
- Experience with SAP (FI/CO)
We offerROSEN USA offers an exceptional working environment, salary commensurate with experience and incredible benefits package.
ROSENROSEN is a leading privately owned company that was established as a one-man business in 1981. Over the last 35 years, ROSEN has grown rapidly and is today a worldwide technology group that operates in more than 120 countries with over 3,000 employees.
ROSEN is an extended team of people with a passion for technology and innovation. Our claim “empowered by technology” is the key to our sophisticated and highly innovative products and services to the oil and gas and other engineering industries. The focus of all our research efforts and high tech solutions is on a safe operation of assets and therefore provide protection for both people and the environment.