Expert Level NDT Technician
DescriptionROSEN USA, based in Houston, TX seeks to employ a Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) Expert Level Technician for activities across multiple business lines while with a heavy focus on Crack Framework.
- The NDT Technician will be responsible for preparing inspection equipment and supporting equipment for transportation to the job site
- This person will be assisting customers and field personnel by supporting the pre-excavation planning, proper on-site location identification, accurate locating of target anomaly on the pipe, appropriate selection of NDT technology, appropriate data collection for completion of comprehensive NDT report, and delivery of NDT report
- Ideal individual will be prepared to progress rapidly in supporting ILI calibration and verification efforts across multiple ILI technologies requiring expert use of various NDT equipment and appropriate NDT equipment selection
- Inspection work is to be done 80% of the time in the field to support ILI activities and produce high quality comprehensive NDT reports
- Perform NDT using UT, Phased Array, Eddy Current, MPI, Laser Scanner, and Visual Inspection for defect and pipeline material identification and characterization
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for ROSEN USA on NDT related matters and technologies specific to In-Line Inspection (ILI) for multiple business lines
- Supervise, support, and train newer or less experience NDT personnel
RequirementsQualifications or Skills Required:
- Extended periods of travel > 60-70%
- Maintain a valid US Passport
- 2yr Degree in Mechanical or Electronic discipline or equivalent work experience
- Maintain a clean driving record
- Computer Literacy - existing knowledge of MS word, PowerPoint & excel
- Work individually with minimum supervision
- Excellent Organization and Time Management skill
- ≥ NDT Level II with visual Inspection, UT, Phased Array, Eddy Current, and MPI
- Provision of API 1163 comprehensive ILI verification NDT reports
- Experience with Bilingual English/Spanish (a plus)
- Onsite pipeline excavation activity experience
- Able to follow established HSE procedures and OSHA/DOT and TWIC regulations
- Technical background, familiar with measurement techniques and 3 dimensional thinking
- Adapt to frequently changing schedules and tight timelines
- Have excellent customer relations skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
- Must be able to work on hands and knees and crawl into tight spaces (kneeling/squatting up to 5-20 minutes up to 20 times per hour.)
- Must be able to work in environment with extreme heat or cold temperatures
- Ability to work in limited lighting
- Potential to work in elevated heights
- Must be able to lift up to 280 lbs. with the assistance of another person from a start height of 6-9 inches to an end height of 36-49 inches from the floor up to 1 time per hour.
- Must be able to lift up to 280 lbs. with assistance of another person from a start height of 30 inches from the floor and carry a distance of 10 feet up to 1 time per hour.
- Must be able to push/pull with a fore up to 30 lbs. a distance of 10 feet up to 1 time per hour.
- Must be able to push/pull with a force up to 102 lbs. up to 1 time per hour.
Our OfferROSEN USA offers an exceptional working environment, salary commensurate with experience and an incredible benefits package.
ROSENis a leading privately owned company that was established in 1981. Over the last 35 years, ROSEN has grown rapidly and is today a worldwide technology group that operates in more than 120 countries with over 3000 employees.
ROSEN offers sophisticated and highly innovative products and services to the oil and gas and other engineering industries. ROSEN is an extended team of people with a passion for technology and innovation. We are always looking for young professionals as well as experienced employees.
Our ongoing organic growth results in career opportunities and gives our employees chances for further development and added experience.
For more information about ROSEN go to www.rosen-group.com.
ROSEN USA offers an exceptional working environment, salary commensurate with experience and incredible benefits package.