Vice President, Business Resourcing
DescriptionAt ROSEN Canada we work collaboratively to get the job done. We recognize that each person and every department are integral to meet the needs of our clients and to continue to be a leader in what we do. We also recognize that our employees have different needs and we want to make sure they are being taken care of. Due to our rapid growth, we are currently looking for a full time permanent Vice President, Business Resourcing to join our Executive Management team.
RequirementsTogether with two colleagues of the Executive Management team the Vice President, Business Resourcing is leading the region and taking care of:
• Leading, developing and managing a sustainable culture and organizational growth of the respective organization;
• Identification, management/control of any kind of risks resulting from business operations (legal, financial, compliance etc.);
• Ensuring the compliance with code of conduct and local regulations;
• Profit & Loss responsibility for the Region;
• Active short and long term business planning of the organization;
• Implementation and monitoring of ROSEN core values and code of conduct;
• Communicating on a regular base to employees general ROSEN topics such as business status, organization, strategy, etc.;
• Developing an employee-oriented culture that emphasizes market orientation, quality, continuous improvement;
• Decision and preparation of resources for new business lines.
The Vice President Business Resourcing shall contribute to the highest Company performance by providing all required resources, ensuring effective usage of these resources, and continuously developing them further in order to ensure effective and efficient execution of the corresponding business processes. This position acts as the main channel between Corporate Management, based in Stans, Switzerland, and local operational functions based in Calgary, Alberta with the following responsibilities:
• Responsible for all Business Resources (Personnel, Tools, Facilities, Fleet, etc.) and management of related costs;
• Ensuring the safety, security and value of all resources is maintained and optimized;
• Effective provision of the right resources in order to assure an efficient process execution;
• Development/continuous improvement of the capabilities of all resources as needed to meet process requirements;
• Ensuring assigned employees are fully qualified and possess required training to complete their duties at a level which allows for individual, local, as well as global flexibility (resource sharing);
• Support of global decisions and initiatives;
• Ensuring that all relevant resource knowledge is maintained up to date in the relevant documentation and software systems;
• Measuring the performance of 8-10 internal departments with applicable performance indicators (cost, utilization, competency, turnover etc.) in conjunction with global company indicators/guidelines;
• Safeguarding company policies, ensuring applicable work procedures are followed, and certifying that IT systems are used in a correct manner with all data current and accurate;
• Driving business independent general applicable standards and procedures (ex. 5S) and supporting business specific standards and procedures;
• Ensuring that all resources are in line with the ROSEN brand attributes;
• Hands on and involvement in day to day operational and project related activities as necessary.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
• Minimum 5-10 years’ relevant experience, 3-5 years’ of this experience within the Pipeline Inspection industry is preferred;
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Management role (responsible for business area and personnel);
• Post-secondary Degree in Business, Management, Administration, or related Technical field;
• Strategic planning and execution, seasoned in policy, developing and implementing new policies, procedures – superior change management skills;
• Superior verbal and written English communication skills; the ability to communicate high level information to personnel at all levels/abilities in such a way that it is easily understand;
• Capacity to work within a demanding environment with frequently changing schedules and tight timelines;
• Ability to anticipate and address crisis situations before they occur – proactive;
• Proven ability to motivate, develop and coach others, be a team player/approachable;
• Ability to “think outside the box” and challenge processes for efficiency;
• Ability to follow established quality and health, safety and environment policies and procedures and act as a role model with respect to HSE at all times;
• Ability to work flexible hours with the expectation of extended hours based on business needs.
We offerROSEN offers a competitive compensation package, including a comprehensive benefit plan, Health & Wellness program, RRSP matching, flexible work hours, a great learning environment, interesting & challenging work and the opportunity for career advancement.
Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted – no phone calls please.
ROSENROSEN is a leading privately owned company that was established as a one-man business in 1981. Over the last 35 years, ROSEN has grown rapidly and is today a worldwide technology group that operates in more than 120 countries with over 3,000 employees.
ROSEN is an extended team of people with a passion for technology and innovation. Our claim “empowered by technology” is the key to our sophisticated and highly innovative products and services to the oil and gas and other engineering industries. The focus of all our research efforts and high tech solutions is on a safe operation of assets and therefore provide protection for both people and the environment.