Health, Safety and Environment Manager
DescriptionROSEN USA, Inc. based in Houston, TX seeks to employ a Health, Safety and Environment Manager (HSE Manager)
The HSE Manager is to execute technical and functional responsibilities related to health, safety and environmental areas within the region; supervise the safety function; be responsible for the implementation of Company safety policies, procedures, and methods; be cognizant of the issues and challenges facing the Company and coordinate the strengths, resources, and capabilities to achieve the Company’s goals and objectives; use progressive work and education experience to increase knowledge and improve expertise; and demonstrate a knowledge-sharing behavior with the overall objective of helping to create and sustain a productive work culture and uncompromised commitment to the protection of the employees and the environment, as well as the productivity of the Company’s employees.
RequirementsThe Health, Safety and Environment Manager (HSE Manager) will be responsible for the following:
- Directs and promotes the Company in building and engaging in a proactive safety culture.
- Ensures that the HSE management system is in compliance with HSE policy, guidelines, applicable standards and instructions
- Support Company management in setting HSE objectives
- Managing the Company’s process for 1st, 2nd and 3rd party audits and certifications related to the HSE Management System
- Support the conduction of audits, perform internal HSE audits, and job site audits
- Manages the HSE Administrator in the implementation of HSE policies and mission
- Moderating events based on ROSEN's root cause analysis process (on demand)
- Selection and application of HSE methods and tools to enable the HSE management system
- Serve as HSE subject matter expert and provide information to management about HSE related performance, issues and status of the HSE management system in regards to effectiveness and compliance
- Provide information to management about recommendations for process improvements and decision proposals
- Manages and reviews work site hazard assessments, identifies unsafe acts/conditions or unsafe behaviors, provides support, guidance and recommendations for corrective action to management team.
- Manages Company safety, environmental and OSHA mandated meetings, seminars, training classes and record retention, as required.
- Participate, prepare and present required safety material in Company and customer meetings.
- Manage and create safety related documents, policies and procedures for Company in compliance with regulatory agencies, e.g., OSHA, EPA, etc.
- Manage emergency response team and emergency preparedness actions for the Region.
- Direct, manage and provide expertise for incident investigations, case management, near misses, environmental and/or equipment damage.
- Responsible for reporting all safety incidents, near misses, injuries, etc. for the region in the Company SHARE system (System for Handling and Registration of Events)
- Manage incident statistical data and for the region.
Qualification or Skills Required:
- Minimum 5 years’ practical experience as a HSE Manager developing and implementing HSE programs.
- Bachelor of Science degree is required. Specialization in Occupational Safety or Health, Safety Engineering, Safety Science, or Environmental Health is preferred.
- Lead Auditor according to ISO 19011
- Experience with U.S. and preferably Texas legislation/regulations applicable for HSE
- Experience with management systems compliant to standards OHSAS 18001 (or ISO 45001) and ISO 14001
- Experience performing Internal workshop/site audits and HSE management system audits
- Experience in the Oil and Gas industry and related HSE information exchange platforms, such as ISNetworld
- Knowledgeable of the respective industry recognized standards used in pipeline inspection.
- Commitment to working safely and participating in all HSE programs. Must have the desire to assist the Company in promoting a healthy, incident free workplace.
- Must be able to communicate with management as well as with employees of all levels in the organization to help ensure clear understanding of Company HSE guidelines, rules, policy, and procedures.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Travel within the region is required, (U.S. and Mexico) with some international
- CSP (Certified Safety Professional), ASP (Associate Safety Professional), CHSO (Certified Health and Safety Official) certification(s)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to:
- Able to drive a company vehicle in or out-of-state to various job sites as required.
- Must be able to work in external environment with extreme heat or cold temperatures.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to ascend/descend a flight stairs.
- Must be able to stand or walk for long periods of time.
- Must be familiar with and be able to use hand tools.
- Must be able to bend, kneel and stoop.
- Responsibility Sensing - Makes and fulfills commitments. Has established a pattern of working deliberately and foresighted, meeting reasonable deadlines, and accepting responsibility for his or her actions and the consequences.
- Planning/ Organizing/ Structuring - Prioritizes tasks and manages time to ensure that deadlines are met. Works goal-oriented, plans his or her time and sticks to those plans. Prevents or manages interruptions until the highest priority tasks are accomplished.
- Judgment & Decision - Investigates all viable options, along with the potential consequences of each, and then makes timely decisions. Can direct a group through this process and does not hesitate to make difficult decisions. Can speed up the decision-making process when time is of the essence, yet can also slow it down when there is time to do so.
- Problem Solving - Takes a proactive approach to anticipating and preventing problems. When problems occur, defines those problems, investigates obstacles, gathers relevant information, decides whether solving the problem should be a group decision, generates and analyzes alternate solutions and arrives at a workable solution.
- Teamwork & Cooperation - Is an effective team player who adds complementary skills and contributes valuable ideas, opinions and feedback. Communicates in an open and candid manner and can be counted upon to fulfill any commitments made to others on the team. Appreciates and integrates contributions of others.
- Communication - Communicates effectively and appropriately. Uses good judgment as to what to communicate to whom as well as the best communication method. Speaks in a clear and credible manner, selecting the right tone for the situation and audience. Listens to others and allows them to make their point.
- Integrity - Acts in ways that demonstrate personal integrity and serves as a positive example of why others should trust the motives of ROSEN. Views himself or herself as a reflection of ROSEN by following through on commitments and accepting ownership of any mistakes he or she might make. Leaves others with the clear impression that integrity is a core value at ROSEN.
- Adaptability & Flexibility - Adjusts quickly and effectively to changing conditions and demands. Discusses change as a necessary and inevitable aspect of organizational life as well as an opportunity to learn new things. Has a similar view and approach to potentially stressful situations. Invests personal energy toward accepting and adapting to change that others use toward resisting or resenting it.
We offerROSEN USA offers an exceptional working environment, salary commensurate with experience and an incredible benefits package.
ROSENROSEN is a leading privately owned company that was established as a one-man business in 1981. Over the last 35 years, ROSEN has grown rapidly and is today a worldwide technology group that operates in more than 120 countries with over 3,000 employees.
ROSEN is an extended team of people with a passion for technology and innovation. Our claim “empowered by technology” is the key to our sophisticated and highly innovative products and services to the oil and gas and other engineering industries. The focus of all our research efforts and high tech solutions is on a safe operation of assets and therefore provide protection for both people and the environment.